From all indications, Molly has reached the puppy equivalent stage comparable to human toddlers or teenagers. I am not sure which, but she has been busy being adorable, obnoxious, and ‘helpful’.
- In the past few days, Molly has:
- Laid claim to the livingroom sofa
- Chased a mouse onto a sticky pad mouse trap AND hovered around me as I disposed of said mouse and trap. (That was an ordeal – and yes I did get my rubber glove stuck in the sticky stuff of the trap, which the mouse was also stuck in. 😳)
- Knocked over a speaker/stand while I was taking a bath.
- Helped me pull dandelions by digging them out to the depth of their roots, leaving sizeable holes in our backyard.
- Learned to get my attention when I am sitting in the garden, by sneaking up behind me, leaping on me and wrapping her front legs around my neck AND licking the top of my head.
- AND – She has learned which cupboard holds our dishcloths and towels, how to get them all out at once and how to transport them to various yard locations before I can catch her.
Other than that, things haven’t been going too badly with Molly. I (finally) found a grooming tool that seems to work fairly well at dealing with matting in her nether regions. She has been pretty good about going to bed and sleeping through the night (as long as the night ends at 5 am). I bought her a crate this week, which may or may not prove helpful when I am getting some yard maintenance done in the next few weeks. And, our games of fetch are improving. Molly generally brings her ball or Frisbee back to me, she almost always gives it to me without drawing blood (maybe I am just running out?), AND I can sometimes throw her ball or Frisbee where I want it to go (and sometimes I just hit the eaves troughs).
That is it for today. Take care and have a great day!💞