Last night’s supper was more about the how than the what. Another small appliance that has proven it’s worth in our empty nest is our TFal Actifry air frier. I use it on a regular basis to make everything from homemade croutons to seasoned sunflower seeds to French fries to chicken wings. It is a nice little unit, simple to use and relatively easy to clean.
Lat night, I used our Actifry to cook chicken wings. I cook about a dozen pieces at a time. I just toss them in, cook for twenty five minutes and set aside while I cook the next batch. My favourite part is draining the chicken fat out of the fry basket after removing the wings. A couple of dozen wings and I have drained about a quarter cup of chicken fat that will not become a part of our diet. Once I cook a couple of batches, I return both to the Actifry with a couple of tablespoons of Frank’s Red Hot sauce and one tablespoon of Frank’s Red Xtra Hot sauce. Cook for a further five minutes and we have perfect hot wings every time.
- Air Fried Croutons
- Cube one loaf of bread (fresh cheese bread works great)
- Spread cubes on two cookie sheets and spray with extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle with a mixture of grated Parmesan cheese and spices – seasoning salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning mix, garlic powder and onion powder is generally my go to.
- Toss in the Actifry and cook for ten minutes. Spread on cookie sheets to cool.
- Enjoy on salads or to top oven baked French onion soup
That’s it for today. Take care and have a great day!