I have been rather MIA on WordPress for the past few days. There was nothing specifically wrong. I just got caught up in real life.
1) Pet News… Kat and I paid a visit to the vet yesterday. She received a vaccine and a clean bill of health. Yay!
2) Politics… have been the subject of virtually every article I have read lately. 🙄 It is amazing how so many people feel that they have all of the answers to all of the issues locally, nationally, and globally. I understand that people have opinions and are free to express them… But it is obvious that the people who are most adamant about what is being done wrong, and how it must be done, have half the facts and have twisted them to suit their purpose.
3) Bizarre…The world watches the Russian/Ukraine situation – the destruction, the devastation, the danger of it spreading to global conflict. In North America, there are still those vehemently protesting health mandates that have for the most part been dropped. 🤦
4) Anger... I grew up in a peaceful home. There was never screaming or physical violence of any sort – not from my parents and not amongst the siblings. It just wasn’t done, so I definitely was not prepared for it in the real world. I used to be terrified of angry people. I felt that they were attacking me with their anger – often for something I did, something I should have anticipated would upset them. A couple of years ago, I realized that it isn’t about me. Angry people spew anger because that is what they are – angry. I still do not understand how or why some people can be so angry. I do not trust angry people. I think they are irrational, unstable, destructive, and unpredictable. There are a lot of angry people in the world these days. They are virtually impossible to avoid altogether without shutting oneself off completely. Since that is not terribly practical, I have been spending a lot of time focussing on building up my inner reserve of peace, happiness, and love. I doubt that I will ever figure out how to affect how angry people feel (or express themselves) but I am hopeful that I can get to a place where they do not change or affect how I feel. That would be nice. 🤗
5) Taxes.. I have completed and submitted our taxes. Yay!!! Due to a small glitch in the program I was using, I received an email from the government advising me that they had revised my math and that our refund was $500.00 higher than I expected it to be. More Yay!!!
That’s all I have for today. Take care and have a great day! 💞